Everyone is telling you to bolster your security, use more technology, and create a better IT infrastructure. What they’re not saying is that there’s an easier way to do it than hiring an extensive in-house IT team (or trying to handle it all on your own).
If you’ve been looking for a way to improve your technology use but you’re not sure where to start, an MSP can help. Here’s everything you need to answer the question “What is an MSP and do I need one?”
So, What Is an MSP?
Do you currently outsource your accounting, marketing, or even legal tasks? If so, you’re already familiar with the concept of outsourcing. MSPs, or managed service providers, are another form of outsourcing.
An experienced team of IT professionals can provide your business with technological services, eliminate IT issues as they come up, and keep your technology use secure. Here’s how your day might change after partnering with an MSP:
- When an IT issue arises, you don’t need to worry about solving it yourself. Instead, you contact your MSP and they handle the issue for you.
- You also have access to a team of professionals who can consult with you on new technology use or suggest upgrades when necessary.
- Your systems are monitored 24/7 so any issues are quickly identified and resolved.
- The MSP will also regularly update and maintain your systems for you to keep them running smoothly and securely.
Depending on your needs, you can work with an MSP that specializes in things like cybersecurity, communications (like Voice over Internet Protocol) or cloud computing. They’ll essentially be your go-to to help you use technology efficiently and securely.
Does Your Business Need an MSP?
Really any business that stores data online needs an MSP, even if they already have an in-house IT team. As we discussed earlier, an MSP can help you with day-to-day tasks and projects that your team may not have the time or resources to focus on. An MSP can also provide more in-depth services like risk assessment and long-term strategy planning.
If your business is looking for a way to save time, money, and energy when it comes to technology, an MSP is a great way to do that. Let’s get more into the benefits of working with a managed service provider.
What Can an MSP Do for My Business? A Look Into the Benefits
You wouldn’t make a major business decision if it wasn’t going to benefit you somehow! Fortunately, working with an MSP has both short and long-term benefits that can drastically change the growth and success of your business.
MSPs operate on a subscription-based model, meaning you pay a set monthly or yearly fee for their services. This fixed-cost approach makes budgeting more predictable because you don’t have to worry about unexpected IT expenses.
With rising regulatory demands, maintaining compliance can be overwhelming. MSPs, especially those specializing in compliance, can navigate these complex regulations and ensure your business stays compliant with industry standards and laws.
MSPs always stay on top of the latest technology trends. They can provide insights into which technologies are best suited for your business, helping you gain a competitive edge. Plus, they can manage the rollout and training for new systems.
MSPs provide round-the-clock monitoring and support for your technology infrastructure. This means any issues can be identified and resolved promptly, oftentimes before you’re even aware there’s a problem.
More Than Just IT
Beyond just IT, MSPs can assist in strategic planning. With their extensive knowledge of IT, they can contribute to your business strategy and help to align your IT systems with your business goals.
For example, if your business hasn’t migrated to the cloud or you’d like to implement new software, an MSP can help you choose the best option for your needs and execute a seamless transition.
How to Choose an MSP for Your Business?
Now that you know the answer to “What is an MSP” and the main benefits, it’s time to find one that will be a good fit for your business. Here’s how:
- Quick Response Time: Emergencies can arise at any moment. Therefore, it’s crucial to have an MSP that can respond promptly to IT issues. Look for providers who offer 24/7 support and have a solid track record of quick response times.
- Certified Professionals: The quality of service you’ll receive is largely dependent on the expertise of the professionals behind it. Ensure your MSP has a team of certified professionals who have demonstrated their proficiency in various IT fields.
- Tailored Services: Every business has unique needs when it comes to IT. Whether it’s data security, cloud computing, or network management, make sure the MSP offers the specific services that your business requires.
- Scalability: As your business grows, your IT needs will evolve. An ideal MSP should be able to scale its services to match your growth and changing needs.
- Customer Reviews and Referrals: Look at what other businesses have to say about their experience with the MSP. Positive reviews and referrals can offer valuable insights into the reliability and efficacy of the MSP’s services.
Remember, the key to a successful partnership with an MSP is choosing one that understands your business goals and can provide the IT support needed to achieve them.
Find Out if Telewire Would Be the Right MSP for You
With expert technicians and leading software, Telewire is the go-to MSP in Maryland, Delaware and in surrounding areas. Clients trust us for our responsiveness and commitment to providing exceptional service.
Whether you need comprehensive IT services or specialized services like data security or cloud solutions, you can count on us. Contact us today to find out if we’d make a good match for your business.